Here are answers to the top 10 questions we get. If we haven’t answered your question, please look at question #10.
1. What is My Green Face?
2. How do I join?
3. Do you have community guidelines?
4. How can I get the most out of My Green Face?
5. What are Groups and can I start one?
6. What are Discussions?
7. What are Blogs and can I be a blogger?
8. Do you have a green marketplace?
9. What are partners and sponsors?
10. How do I contact you?
What is My Green Face?
My Green Face is an online environmental community where members come together to learn, share, discuss—and collaborate to help save the planet. Our members include concerned citizens, activists, experts, teenagers, college students, nonprofit organizations, community leaders, and business people. My Green Face was created by Living Green Magazine.
How do I join?
Just click here to sign up. Then add your photo, fill out your profile, and get involved.
Do you have community guidelines?
To see the complete community guidelines for My Green Face, click here. Here are some of the important details.
My Green Face is a website open to anyone 13 years of age and older. Because a variety of people come together here, it is important to follow basic rules of etiquette and be respectful of your fellow members. Also, keep it clean and keep it green.
Some things are not allowed.
Violating these guidelines is damaging to the community—and could result in having your membership cancelled and your content removed from the site.
• Directly soliciting members for funds or donations.
• Asking members for dates.
• Posting content stronger than PG-13.
• Selling products or services outside of the Marketplace.
• Being a public nuisance.
Parental Responsibility. If you, as a parent or guardian, permit any child under the age of 18 to join and/or view this website, please be aware that you are responsible for the safety and security of your child, as well as remaining vigilant to what he/she may read on the site. While we monitor posts as closely as possible, we cannot guarantee that we have caught 100% of any offensive content. Also, the minimum age for using this website is 13.
Guard Your Personal Information. Non-members have access to reading posts and profiles on our site. Any person is eligible to join this network. Therefore, we highly discourage members from posting personal information such as telephone number, home address, or other specific information which may make your location easily discovered by others. If you’d like to share such information with other members, we advise you to do so after careful thought, and to exercise caution. My Green Face is not liable or responsible for any damages incurred as a result of sharing said information.
Report any problems. If you become aware of any content that may violate these guidelines, or have any concerns, please promptly report the issue and our community administrators will look into it as quickly as possible.
How can I get the most out of My Green Face?
We are similar to other social networking sites, but we connect people in new and innovative ways—and you can easily share to your Facebook profile. Members can:
• Support causes and environmental campaigns.
• Post and read Blogs. By starting a Blog, members can look forward to your regular contributions.
• Start and join Groups. You can start a Group that represents a nonprofit you belong to, or just bring together like-minded members.
• Follow or initiate Discussions, which are a great way to pose questions and solicit ideas from fellow members.
• List events, and post photos, video, music, and podcasts.
• Chat and IM using the floating bar at the bottom of the screen. One-on-one and group chats are available.
• Customize your profile page, including layout and backgrounds.
• Adjust your privacy settings and control the flow of announcements and emails that keep you informed of new activities.
• Use the Marketplace to buy and sell a variety of green products, including homes, and find or post jobs.
• When you are logged in, you can do many things from your sign-in box on the right side of every page.
When you become a member, here are some things you can do to get started:
1. Set up your personal page. Log into My Green Face, and click on My Page in the top navigation bar. You can answer the profile questions, add a photo, and customize your page by clicking on Settings. Do use common sense in what you choose to share about yourself. To begin, click on http://www.mygreenface.com/profiles/settings/editProfileInfo?xg_source=msg_wel_network
2. Invite your friends to join you. Simply go to http://www.mygreenface.com/main/invitation/new?xg_source=msg_wel_network.
3. Tell your Twitter followers. Click on http://twitter.com/home?status=Just+joined+http://www.mygreenface.com
4. Get involved and join in. It all begins on the Main Page at www.mygreenface.com.
What are Groups and can I start one?
Groups are networks of like-minded members joining together for a specific purpose, often around a cause, activity, common interests, or shared values. Groups can be started by individuals, and also on behalf of nonprofits, businesses, associations, and government agencies.
• For tips on how to join and follow in a Group, click here.
• For tips on adding your group, inviting people to join, and managing the group, click here.
What are Discussions?
Discussions are a great way to share news, ideas, information, and opinions. Each Discussion is a conversation around a topic or question. Discussions are grouped into categories, or green subject areas. Scroll down to see all Discussions, or click on a category to view only those Discussions.
• For tips on finding and following Discussions, click here.
• For tips on starting a Discussion, click here.
What are Blogs and can I be a blogger?
Blogs are self-published online articles, and usually allow comments. We have professional bloggers sharing their eco expertise, and member bloggers expanding our knowledge on a wide variety of topics.
• For tips on searching for Blogs and following bloggers, click here.
• For tips on creating your own Blog, click here.
Do you have a green marketplace?
Yes. The Marketplace is where members buy and sell a variety of green products, including homes, and find or post jobs. Click here to visit.
What are partners and sponsors?
Partners and sponsors help support this virtual green community.
• Partners help grow the community by actively participating on My Green Face in an ongoing basis, such as through blogging, forming groups, and participating in discussions. And we will support their causes and activities with articles and other media promotion in our environmental online publication, Living Green Magazine.
• Sponsors help by supporting specific projects, such as contests, causes, and campaigns. Depending on the project, support can take the form of product donations, in-kind services, monetary gifts, cross-promotion using social media, etc.
How do I contact you?
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical assistance or to report an issue: email@example.com